Monday, January 24, 2011

Its been a while....

      I was on the phone with my friend Jenni the other day and we were talking about blogs and I realized its been a year since I updated this thing. So I figured its about time I do just that. And hopefully with little Emery on the way I'll have more to write about and actually update frequently.

     So what's been going on for the last year? Well... I've received my culinary certificate, Brock has finished the first year of his program, we celebrated our first anniversary, are each a year older and (my favorite) found out we are expecting a sweet baby girl! At least I hope she's sweet.

      I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and have a very wiggly little girl who we have decided to name Emery Mae Herlein residing in my belly. We had our 4th ultrasound last tuesday and know for sure she is going to be a girl. We were worried because at our 18 week ultrasound she was being either very stubborn or very modest because she did not want to uncross her legs and show us she was a girl. It took about 45 minutes and when she did finally move it was just for a second and we got a very blurry picture. The ultrasound tech told us it was a girl, but we were still worried that we would start accumulating a bunch of pink stuff and then find out it wasn't a clear enough picture and we were really having a boy. Now I can continue planning the nursery with the peace of mind that it won't have to be changed!

        When we found out we were expecting we decided we needed to find a bigger place to live and moved into a two bedroom apartment. We've been here 2 months now and it has been a very nice change! Our last apartment was nice, for a first place for poor starving student newlyweds, but it is definitely great to have a full size bathtub, a kitchen sink that drains correctly, the ability to control our own heat, a large pantry and a second bedroom. Our most current project having to do with our little place is decorating our bedroom. We had done things to decorate the main rooms in our other apartment and they transferred nicely to our new place, but we had never done anything with our bedroom. So around Christmas time we decided that it would be a good project. Its been fun to work on and when it is completely finished I'll post about our creative adventures. 

       But for now, here are a few pictures of Emery from our last ultrasound. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment