We were very excited to set up our first Christmas tree, we got a fake pre-lit tree from Walmart the week of Thanksgiving and the minute we got it Brock was begging me to let him set it up, I finally gave in and we set it up the day before Thanksgiving. We had no ornaments, so we made a trip to the dollar store and spent a whole $10 on everything we needed! It turned out super cute and I was very proud of our first tree!
The two ornament right in the middle are the ones Brock and I gave each other for Christmas, we are going to give each other and, someday, our children ornaments every year and eventually have a separate tree especially for them. Brock gave me a silver picture frame ornament with a picture of stick people us with our tree that he drew and I gave him a marshmallow s'mores people "Our First Christmas" one.
We also bought fleece dollar store stocking which I had lots of fun decorating for us. I made Brocks with Christmas lights and presents on it, and mine with Christmas cookies and baking stuff on it.
On Christmas Eve we went to Brocks parents house for about an hour where he persuaded everyone that we each needed to open one present. He opened one from his dad, a multimeter, he was very excited about it since the one he previously had was super crappy. I opened one from his mom, a practice board for cake decorating and a gift card so I could buy some nice clothes for my new job. Patrick opened a gift from us, an old star trek computer game which he absolutely loved. Julie opened her gift from Patrick, aqua globes to water her plants, she was really excited about them. After we stopped by their house we headed to my parents for our Christmas Eve traditions. We ate dinner and made vanilla ice cream and read our new book.
On Christmas day we woke up and opened presents from each other. Brock got a new video card for our computer, which he actually bought and started using in Nov. but it was one of his Christmas presents, and new shoes, socks, and some little dollar store games, since most of his Christmas present budget was used up with the video card. I got lots and lots of baking stuff! Brock had gone shopping with my mom and got lots of stuff that I can use to make and decorate lots of cakes. What a thoughtful hubby!
All my wonderful new baking stuff!
Flower forms, skewers, flower wire, decorating books, icing tools, marshmallows for MM fondant, powered sugar, flower, cocoa....
After we were done opening each others presents we headed to my families house, where we had to wake Sidney up... at like 11. We didnt have anything to open since my parents gave us a beautiful new couch! But they opened their presents from us. We got them much needed new steak knives and measuring cups, and the discovery channel series Planet Earth on blu-ray so they could watch it on my dads new TV and blu-ray player. While my mom, dad and Brock watched Planet Earth, I made us pumpkin waffles with cinnamon syrup, they turned out really, really good! We then went to Brocks moms house and finished opening presents there. I got a cool digital picture key chain from his dad, Brock got some more tools that he'll need for school and a tool box and some new clothes. We got his mom new dishes and his dad a new tool that Brock thought was really cool.
Our new couch, I ordered the matching love seat last week and we should get it next week!
New Years was pretty uneventful, we just stayed home and watched movies and hung out with each other. Life is good, and I'm just enjoying being able to sleep in and relax for a few more days before the chaos of school starts next week, and I'll be going from 8am-8pm everyday! I know its going to be crazy but I am so excited for it to start!
No comments:
Post a Comment