Sunday, December 6, 2009

Big changes and big blessings!

For the past couple weeks I've been thinking about going into the culinary program at ISU, so on tuesday I went to the department counselors to see if the program was full and what I needed to do to apply for it. The counselor told me that the program had 12/12 people registered for next semester, but he really wanted to get me in there. So he talked to some people and they accepted me for next semester even though they were full! YAY!!! I start on January 11. The first semester I'll have 6 classes, 21 credits, and I'll be going to school every day from 8am-3pm. This, unfortunately, means that I will not get enough hours at my current job to make enough money to live off of, so I have to get a new job.
   So I told my mom about looking for a new job and she told me they were looking for a new front end manager person at Ashley Furniture and that I should talk to them. On Friday I went and interviewed and they called me later that day to tell me that I got the job and start on the 21st of this month. So in a week I got a new program at school and a new job! I am very excited about these changes and can't wait to start both of them.
  Also this week Brock had some problems with Costco and renewing his moms membership on a credit card he never uses instead of his moms, and we didn't know this until the bill came saying there was a $100 charge from Costco and a $16 late fee for not paying it on time, well we called the card company and they said we'd have to talk to Costco about removing the charge. So he went into Costco and told them they charged his card and he didn't even have a Costco account, so they gave him $100 cash so he could pay for it and they said they'd contact the card company to remove the fee. Brock went home and got online to pay the card and cancel it, and when he logged in to his card account the charge and fee were gone. So he called the company and they said that they'd both been removed. So he canceled his card and headed back to Costco where he spent 20 minutes trying to explain to the girl at customer service what happened and give them their $100 back. She was not understanding what was going on so she called the manager over. Brock told the manager what happened and he pretty much said that he was glad everything turned out OK, and that Brock was happy, and to keep the money. So we got $100 free from Costco!
    So, to recap, I was able to get into my program even though it was full, find a new job after looking for an entire day, when people we know have been looking for months and are still unemployed, and we got $100 for no reason! I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Brock and I are extremely blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment