Emery still has a week before she is 2 months old but yesterday was her 2 month Dr. appointment. Her eye is looking a little better, it still gets gooped up every once in a while but nothing compared to what it looked like a week ago. She is still spitting up like crazy but she is gaining weight so the Dr isn't too worried about it. He upped her dose of axid since she is bigger than she was when he first prescribed it. Hopefully the bigger dose helps a little. She seems like she is in so much pain sometimes. It just breaks my heart.
Speaking of breaking my heart, besides the usual check up Emery also got her first round of vaccines. This consisted of 3 shots and an oral vaccine. She took the oral vaccine first and did really good, I'm sure she was just glad it was something sweet instead of the usual bitter medicine she takes. Then came the shots. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. She was crying so hard. Her face was bright red, her mouth was open, but there was no sound coming out. Poor girl. It was even more sad too because she is such a good baby and really never cries, even when I can tell her tummy is hurting her, so for her to be that miserable it must have been pretty bad. She calmed down pretty quick though. She only cried really hard for about 5 mins. Then she had calmed down enough that I felt like I didnt need to hold and comfort her anymore and I put her in her carseat. As soon as her carseat was moving she was calm as can be and she fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Luckily she didnt have any bad reactions to the shots. I was worried because I am allergic to pertussis and had an extremely severe reaction to it when I was a baby, so I was a little paranoid. But she was fine, no crying, no fevers, nothing! I am such a blessed mama!
 |
| Before her shots |
 |
| After her shots |
 |
| Cute little bandaids |
As of July 15th, Emery weighs 10 lbs 9 oz. (56th percentile) is 23 in (84th percentile) and her head circumference is 39cm (68th percentile). We have a very healthy little girl, we are very lucky parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment